Sunday, October 5, 2014

Ella Grey's flown Across The Pond to spook your Halloween!


Cate: Please welcome Ella Grey to my special Halloween celebration. Ella, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Ella: Hey Cate, I'm a multi-genre writer from the UK. I live with my partner, our son and have a little demonic fur ball, otherwise known as Dab. I primarily write paranormal romance but I've also done light BDSM, contemporary romance, steampunk and young adult.

Cate: Welcome! What do you love most about Halloween?
Ella: I love dressing up, it's by far my favorite thing to do but in all honesty I've never been very good at it. There was one year, when I was a ghost and that involved a white sheet. In my defence I was twelve. Thankfully I've gotten a lot better at it with helping my son get ready these days.

Cate: Do you have a favorite memory of a Halloween past?
Ella: I think I was twelve or fourteen, my dad made up some games for us to play. He never liked us trick or treating and sometimes that bothered me but that night was awesome. He devised a flying carpet, we ducked for apples and lots of other fun things.

Cate: Have you ever had an unusual experience you couldn’t explain?
Ella: At the time I didn't know what it was called. It was only later that I found out it was a waking nightmare or a lurid dream. One night I 'woke up' and I couldn't move, like there was a heavy weight on my chest and someone was looking down at me but I couldn't see them. That experience really freaked me out.

Cate: Yikes! *shivers* What frightens you the most?
Ella: You know the Final Destination films? Yeah I find those pretty frightening. I went to the cinemas to watch the second film and spent the majority of it hiding behind my fingers. Also most horror films. I prefer to read the horror genre, not watch it. I'm a wuss. 

Cate: I do not watch scary movies. Ever. lol Ever gone on a ghost tour? Or ghost hunting on your own?
Ella: I've never been on one but I do live in a very old town, which has a very rich history. It's hard to walk passed anything that there isn't some rumor about. In the market square it was said a witch was burnt and her heart exploded from her chest and hit the building opposite her. You can still see it today. There's also an alleyway called the Devil's Alley, they say when the moon shines on the floor you can see the silvery shimmer of a foot imprint.

Cate: Any favorite Halloween recipes you’d care to share?
Ella: I'm planning on doing Halloween cupcakes with the little monster this year. I'll be posting the results on Facebook.

Cate: Can't wait to see them! Tell us about your latest release, and where readers can find it online.
Ella: Guarding Mari is the second installment in my Black Paw Pack series. It tells the story of Daniel Greyborn and Mari Stonewall, characters who were introduced in Saving Kat. It can be found on the Decadent Publishing's site and all other eBook stores.

Cate: Care to share a blurb or excerpt?
Ella: Here's an excerpt. 
Dammit. If he left her he might as well sign her death certificate himself. The rogue wouldn’t be getting far. He’d been hit with a car, had his guts on the wrong side of his body, and now a well-placed pen pierced his eye. His body needed time to heal that much damage. Internal wounds took longer to heal, if at all.
Crouching next to her, he searched for her pulse at her throat. “Can you hear me?”
The doctor’s eyes fluttered open, a pale grey that looked unfocused. Daniel tried his best to ignore the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. A growing pool of blood spread out beneath her. There hadn’t been a weapon, but the rogue used something to gut her, a claw?
“It hurts.” She whimpered.
“Did he have a knife?” A pointless question, but he had to be sure.
“He punched a hole through Malcolm’s chest with his bare hands.” It obviously took her a lot of effort to push out the words. “He doesn’t need a weapon.” Her eyes fluttered shut again.
“Wake up.” The words came out harsher than he wanted, but falling asleep right now was the worst thing she could do. She opened her eyes. “Can you tell me your name?”
“Mari."
“Okay, Mari. This is going to hurt, but I need to pick you up and carry you upstairs.” The doctor nodded and bit her bottom lip as he lifted her. “It’ll be okay. I just need you to hold on.”
“I’m not making any promises.”
Daniel cradled her against his chest, not worried about the blood that seeped into his clothes. No, Ryback wouldn’t have her as well.

Cate: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Ella: I always wanted to tell this story. I actually wrote the first half of Guarding Mari before Saving Kat, the first in the series was released. The story was supposed to be a challenge, it's a lot more physical and features a serial killer. Which was an interesting idea for me. I'd created this world of wolves and witches and whilst Saving Kat was emotional roller-coaster, I still feel sorry for what I put the characters through, this one was a different. I still think that this is one of the best stories I've written. As a writer I believe we're always growing, we get better.

Cate: Anything else you’d like to share?
Ella: I'm currently writing a standalone story but The Black Paw Pack still needs to be finished, I've hinted at a story for William and Jess but my characters are being reluctant.

Cate: Calling all shifter lovers! Ella has a giveaway!
Ella: Tell me what your favourite shifter and you could win a copy of Saving Kat, if you've read that Guarding Mari.


Cate: Thanks for partying with us, Ella! Happy Halloween!