Tuesday, April 1, 2014

No clickbait for you!

Where the hell did March go? Partly down the tubes via something I've just learned the label for - clickbait.

Oh, you've seen them online. Those irresistible captions, the grabber headlines that hook you into clicking the link to read about something because "you won't believe what happens next" or "you'll never guess what he does."

And oh look! Another BuzzFeed quiz! Because yes, I need to know which character from (fill in the blank show or book or movie) I am, or where I should be living, or what I should be doing with my life (um, not taking these quizzes? but oh, damn, I just clicked so I'll just wait ten minutes for the page to load).

Um, no thanks. I've been disappointed too many times because yes, I did see that coming, and no, it's not the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my whole gosh darned entire life.

I have become clickbait resistant. And now that I'm coming to my senses, I'm not going to waste time on you.

I have my own hooks to craft. But damn, I have to hand it to you. You do know how to hook people!

Do you get sucked in by clickbait? I have some extra repellant if you need some!