Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Guitar magic

I've always been captivated by excellent guitar work. I was too young when Jimi Hendrix was alive to appreciate his genius, but have since become slightly addicted to his mellow voice, and his lyrics are as poetic as Dylan's.


But it's his amazing guitar riffs that I love most. He plays as if the guitar is an extension of his body - with his mouth, holding it behind his head. Though I can't listen to music while I'm actually writing, I've spent more than a few nights playing these Hendrix videos.



So wicked good, you have to wonder if some magic's involved. And so, it led me to thinking, what if there were some magic involved? And so, of course, it led to a story.

Yes, the one I've been working on since last year. I wish someone would throw some magic my way so I could finish it! But I'm really excited about what I have so far.

Does music, old or current, influence your stories? Any favorites that grab you and don't let go?

Hanging at the Musa blog today

My interview's up - I hope you'll pop over and say hi! Hey, it's warm and dry, at least. I hope you're staying safe in this crazy weather!